• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

galaxy 600

pittmantree1

Aug 20, 2013
hi im a new member and having trouble with my galaxy 600 tube amp or maybe im not I cant get but 175 dead key and 250 pep out of it with a 3 wat deadkey now im using a galaxy 99v for transmitter 3 watdead key and it will swing 25 watt I put new tubes in it they are 30kd6 3 of them is that all I should get is 250 out of it on hi low key up 50 swings 200 now is the name 600 the wattage or what

hi im a new member and having trouble with my galaxy 600 tube amp or maybe im not I cant get but 175 dead key and 250 pep out of it with a 3 wat deadkey now im using a galaxy 99v for transmitter 3 watdead key and it will swing 25 watt I put new tubes in it they are 30kd6 3 of them is that all I should get is 250 out of it on hi low key up 50 swings 200 now is the name 600 the wattage or what

That's about right or a little high for 30kd6 tubes. 600 is probably the input power of the amp not the output. Are they glowing a nice cherry red when you key up?

yes the new tubes and the old ones glow bright get a little warm and I know how to tune tube amps but I thought I could get more the socold friend who sold it to me swears it will do 600 easy but when I cald him he came up with all kinds of excuses like reflective power my swr is barely moving scale then it was my coax cabl and jumpers they are mini 8 now he wont talk to me come to think of it the tubes don't change in brightnes when you key up

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio