• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 88 ???s

T

Trail boss 1

Re: re:galaxy 88's

I know that you are dicussing 88's, but my 44 has awesome receive. However it is much better on the roof mount on my van than it is on the big truck {mirror mount}. I told a couple of locals about the distance that I receive and I could tell that they didn't quite believe me.

The mount and vehicle makes a lot of difference. IMO

TB

"The cross is the last argument of God"
Charles Spurgeon</p>

I have an older Mirage 88 and it works fine. Only work I've needed to to is replace the meter bulb. Fine on RX, Fine on TX.

</p>

Re: 88..

Like I always say: Harley's leak oil and Galaxy's drift! "Hawk"

DLH Panama City Beach, Fla. CDX 120</p>

88?

Hey Hoosier, it was nice meeting you the other night on the road in IN. Those are some nice looking radios you have for sale.

As far as the RX'ing of the Galaxies (99's, 88's), they aren't terrible, just not as good as alot of other exports out there. I know my antenna set up is very good, (grounding etc.) I can be running along side fellow drivers and they'll hear folks I don't know are there. It doesn't happen all the time but, it happens often enough that I know the RX isn't up to par with alot of other exports. As far as the TX, you CAN'T beat the 99 or the 88. If you want SSB, stay away from the 99.

Just my opinion, Hossless

</p>

A friend of mine is looking at this radio and I have never had one. Can some one tell us about it good or bad. for the money it seems to be a feature rich radio. thanks.

CDX235</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.