• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 949 Meter not working

rance23

Jul 7, 2011
The meter on my 949 has stopped woking. I still Tx & Rx just like normal.

Any ideas on what i need to look for?

Did this occur before of after you started the echo board mod you posted about a few minutes before this one? You mentioned having to cut a trace.

I havent installed the echo board yet. was waiting to get some help on that.

Well, if you had the radio apart you may have pulled someting loose or shorted out a wire. I would start by checking switches. Did you move any of the switches on the front panel that could disable the meter or put it into another mode like swr maybe?

If not you can try wiggling all the wires around the meter to see if it comes back to life.

Aside from that it's a matter of trouble shooting until you find the culprit or have to replace the meter. That's the fun of DIY radio repair and modification. I'd be lying if I said I haven't screwed up a few radios along the way..:blush:

I have checked to make sure i didnt accidently unplug anything. That was the first thing i thought. i'll go back and double check to make sure.

dxChat
Help Users