• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 949 tune up?

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
Does anyone have any tune up (as in no splatter) mods to make a galaxy 949 swing? I've looked at CBTricks site. Anybody have anything better?

</p>

Go to this site. I've used this for the mods on my 949 and 959.

www.radiomods.co.nz/

The RF output increase modification, I didn't see the results posted.

Actually it didn't really make any difference. I did the super swing mod and it works. I did both on one radio, 949 and no difference than just the super swing mod.

I've done all the mods listed and get good reports. Unlock the clarifier as instructed on CBtricks site and it's a great little ssb radio for the money.

CDX-350

2AK3350

</p>

The 919,929,949,959,979 all can use those mods or a variation of them. The only thing is very little rms output. From 2w carrier even with those mods you get little forward rms. The ones I have done usually get 8-10w rms without doing the "rf increase mod" or removing the limiters.

Rollingradios@aol.com

Sales/Service/Installation

</p>

i have no rms figures (save the carrier) but here are the figures reflecting consistent results after setting up several dozen of the 949s and 959s....

AM High Power: 6 Watts Carrier>25-30 Watts PEP

AM Low Power: 1.75 Watts Carrier>20 Watts PEP

SSB Power: 30+ Watts PEP

these figures were obtained without any modifications....

</p>

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>these figures were obtained without any modifications....<hr></blockquote>

No mods? So what did you change?

</p>

Having done the super swing mod on the defpom site, I get

1/2watt carrier / 15 watt pep.

18 watt pep on ssb.

This is fine for me since I run it with a 2 pill box driving a 4 pill, or

six depending on the mobile it's in.

CDX-350

2AK3350

</p>

(This message was left blank)

CDX-350

2AK3350

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=tumbleweed@worldwidecbradioclub>Tumbleweed</A> at: 11/30/03 7:37 pm

Freecell,

To answer your question it is Overcoupled I believe.

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=northstar34>NorthStar34</A> at: 12/1/03 10:33 pm

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.