• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 95T First Impressions

DXoutlaw22

Apr 15, 2005
Well it started off badly.I pull the radio out of the box and put it on the power supply and start putting it through its paces.

Keep in mind this unit is supposed to be tuned and converted and ready to go.

First thing I notice is it is only doing 25 watts on SSB.Reminder to self retune radio.

The second thing I notice is I am not getting all my channels.

Time to pull the covers off and investigate.

Well I have never converted a 95T but I figure I could find the problem if I stuck with it.I went to the bottom side of the board to check for Jumpers and such and there it was a little black jumper.I dont have a magnifier lamp (need to get one) so I decided to take out the jumper and see what happens.I desolder one end and when I lift it up what do I see solder jumping to the next door solder joint.I take my desoldering braid and take all the solder up and resolder everything.What do you know.The channels are all there.

<span style="color:red;font-size:large;">I mean give me a break.What kind of quality control do these people have.Dont you check your work when your done.</span>

(NO ITS NOONE WHO ADVERTIZES ON THIS FORUM)

But they are the biggest and have been around the longest and if I didnt have to return a new mic that doesnt work to them I would tell you their name.I will tell you after I get the mic taken care of if you cant figure it out.

Then I go in and retune the radio and get the SSB up where it should be.Im gonna run this rig in my truck for awhile and see how it does before I pass judgement on it.I originally bought it to drive my Magna 1000 which I havent installed yet.I will let you know how it works out.

To all you builders and dealers out there (IF YOUR ONE OF THE GOOD ONES WHO GIVES A @#%$ PLEASE IGNORE THIS)check everything before you ship it.Nothing ticks people off more than spending big bucks and waiting and getting non working messed up crap.

73s

MyOutlawSig1.jpg

texas_dx_license.jpg

GoArmy1.gif

2TX922

IR2622

CDX922

WO922

YG22

LS22

DX22

MM22

LW22

</p>

That is really annoying, especially when they are CHARGING you extra for the tune up and mod. They probably didn't even touch the receiver! (The most important part of a tuneup/alignment)

</p>

Tommy what the heck are you talking about???????????????

MyOutlawSig1.jpg

texas_dx_license.jpg

GoArmy1.gif

2TX922

IR2622

CDX922

WO922

YG22

LS22

DX22

MM22

LW22

</p>

I have had many radios that i can say the receive sucks compaired t omost i have had, maybe you have not had enough radios to really tel la difference yet tommy, not saying you havent, but maybe tha tis the case, or you have had all equal radios. Later fellow Gold Member LOL

cdx401sig.gif

</p>

I would still like to know what the heck his statement has to do with this thread.??????????????????????????

MyOutlawSig1.jpg

texas_dx_license.jpg

GoArmy1.gif

2TX922

IR2622

CDX922

WO922

YG22

LS22

DX22

MM22

LW22

</p>

I think Tommy was implying that he has never run a radio that wasn't set up properly in the first place, (rx as well as tx).

I know exactly what you're saying though, I have gotten radios from so called "great" radio techs, only to have them need alot of additional work to make them talk and hear the way they should.

Hossless

</p>

Well I have gotten no satisfaction from this company after being a customer since the 70s so time to name names.

<span style="color:red;font-size:large;">ITS COPPER ELECTRONICS</span>

MyOutlawSig1.jpg

texas_dx_license.jpg

GoArmy1.gif

2TX922

IR2622

CDX922

WO922

YG22

LS22

DX22

MM22

LW22

</p>

Never dealt with Bobs but I like the way Frank and his crew over at One Stop do business.Quality work and attention to detail.Thats what I like.So far I have been totally pleased with One Stop.Copper will never get another dime from me.

MyOutlawSig1.jpg

texas_dx_license.jpg

GoArmy1.gif

2TX922

IR2622

CDX922

WO922

YG22

LS22

DX22

MM22

LW22