• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX 88 HL

johne2hotty

Nov 11, 2009
i love the DX 88 HL but would like to get the fine clairifier to work on transmit & rec. can any one help thanks in advance for any help

Done that mod on my Galaxy DX-99V. You will have to re-align the output oscillators after the mod too. Best to do the entire VCO, first oscillator, and the output oscillators AFTER the radio has been warmed up for 30 minutes or more. That is how I did mine. Xlnt mod.

Had a 99 and two 88's over the years. Great talking AM radio's. Once I went 80% SSB talking I had to get rid of those sailboats. Not the best choice if you talk a lot of SSB. During the winter months I bout had to drive with one hand on the wheel and one on the clairifier.........not sure which was turned more lol.

Reactions: 2 people
Had a 99 and two 88's over the years. Great talking AM radio's. Once I went 80% SSB talking I had to get rid of those sailboats. Not the best choice if you talk a lot of SSB. During the winter months I bout had to drive with one hand on the wheel and one on the clairifier.........not sure which was turned more lol.

I have never had issues with my 88HL or 77HML drifting. unless you count the first 30 mins of operation

I mean it's not like it's a Yeasu or an Icom... you get what you pay for but keep in mind RCI makes Galaxy... and they are VERY similar when you get down to it. Let the radio warm up and drift will be at a minimum, if you still have issues with drift after the radio warms up something is wrong with the radio, simple as that

If Galaxy would come out with a processor controlled radio that would make a world of difference. That's why the 2510, Lincoln, 2950/70, Delta Force, Omega Force, and 257 radio's are so stable. We can now add the Stryker 955 to that list as well.

Reactions: 1 person
I have never had issues with my 88HL or 77HML drifting. unless you count the first 30 mins of operation

I mean it's not like it's a Yeasu or an Icom... you get what you pay for but keep in mind RCI makes Galaxy... and they are VERY similar when you get down to it. Let the radio warm up and drift will be at a minimum, if you still have issues with drift after the radio warms up something is wrong with the radio, simple as that

There was a local tow truck driver that ran a Galaxy 98 VHP. In the winter when he got out of the truck to hook up a car if he left his door open, by the time he got back on the radio it had drifted alot from the cold. Drove him nuts, he got rid of it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.