• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy dx959 original Green LED counter/lock weirdness

Uncle Ronnie 336

Apr 28, 2020
Decided to grab a used Galaxy dx959 that looks clean and outside a couple pots turned is unmodified. So what is happening here is that when I initially fire up the radio, the counter reads 26.002 and then after a few seconds it corrects itself and locks onto frequency. Any pointers on where I should start poking around here to make it not do this would be much appreciated.

I would like to figure out how to correct this before I go in and unlock the clarifier, channel mod and dual mosfet output (pairing with 4 x erf9530 and I need a little more juice save me the lecture) and depending on how the regulator handles that I have a bag of five TTA 1943 which I've read makes a pretty solid mod regulator if the stock one heats up too quick.

Also stay tuned: I have a cobra 19xs to play with and possibly blow up for everyone's amusement in one of my classic play-by-play mod threads lol.

Reactions: Cabover Bob

Another issue I just noticed while messing with this is that the Roger beep doesn't work. Not exactly a real crucial feature but I would like to fix that as well and maybe lower the tone frequency so it's not so loud and piercing idk

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.