• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy DX959 S Meter problem

dieselburner

Apr 25, 2011
Hi. I just bought a new DX959. The s meter would only read 10 over s9 when I was keying a hand held walki talki right by it. I adjusted VR1 and VR2 for am and ssb to give 60 over s9 readings with the 4 w walki talki keyed up near the antenna and now the radio seems to indicate well. Has anyone else seen this problem and is there a better way of adjusting the high end of the scale? I did these adjustments with the rf gain turned all the way up. Thanks

Adjusting a meter w/o the proper equipment and experience will only lead to a having a meter that cannot be used as a reference. Just what are you using as a standard/measure when adjusting it?

It requires a RF signal generator and the know-how to do it right.
Many Galaxy radios that I have aligned were in sore need of it. Having said that, they also responded favorably and all those that were aligned tuned out to be outstanding radios.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.