• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

general grant 150w

CDX1220

Apr 2, 2005
california
does anyone know about this radio. can pick one up new in box for $200.,looks like the connex 4800 with a heat sink like the 2970.am,fm,ssb and all that stuff.any info will help thanks.

I had one several years ago. You are right, pretty much a Connex 4800 (had one of those too) with a built in linear amp.

When I got mine, it had a problem with the VCO not locking (freq counter showed the frequency rolling/changing).
I had to send it to Don's CB service in Erie Pa for warranty repair. That worked out well, and the guys at Don's were great.

Good radio, good modulation. You need to swap a band switch in order to get all the frequency coverage. You have to take the front face plate off in order to swap the band switch.

The radio comes with a 3 position band switch on it (A-B-C), and a 6 position switch and sticker to put on the faceplate (A-B-C-D-E-F), in the box. The switch is easily swapped, no soldering required.

I am not a fan of the dual clarifier radios, which this radio has, as well as the Connex 4800. I did a mod on my 4800 to unlock the "Fine" clarifier so I could use that for transmit.

In the end, I liked the radio, only selling it because I had too many radios and couldn't use them all.

These are the same chassis and basically the RCI 2960FJP which flopped bigtime years ago in the US. But when they are working right they are a decent rig.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.