• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

genral lee no transmit

Tony

Nov 24, 2007
got a g/lee here that is like new but it has a problem it will key up but no dk no swing and the talk back sounds like poop but if i take my fingers and ground one to the chassie on the radio and take one and touch the board on the audio chip the talk back clears up but still no pwr out and i can not hear on a nother radio right next to it ........any help would be great thanks in advance

Sounds like the final transistors are toast to me. Maybe the driver transistor, too. Do you have the tools to replace transistors? If not, you're going to need to send it to someone.

Sounds like the final transistors are toast to me. Maybe the driver transistor, too. Do you have the tools to replace transistors? If not, you're going to need to send it to someone.
ya i got them gonna replace all 3 fri and i will update post
thanks

well i replaced all 3 of them and the pre driver and still the same so any other suggetions

Check the 2SB827 and the 2SA1869 right next to it. You'll find the 2SB827 mounted on the chassis on the same side as the audio chip. Those can fail also, causing no TX.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned