• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

GK's station needs help

KR6CKT

Jan 4, 2013
(South) Whittier, CA
I got contacted by Michael Briney (K1MDB), Rich's bro-in-law. They need to reroof GK's mom's house ( where his rig is set up), as well as tent for termites. This would mean the removal of that new antenna get up installed this year.

The new roof goes up on 9/9, and the roofer says he can work around the guy wires. But they really need help on 9/14 to pull the mast/antennas down.

I am out of town (out of state) until the 16th or I'd try to organize this myself. If someone wants to take on an antenna party, let Michael know. His info is in QRZ.

(Michael wants to keep GK's station/remote on the air, as well as keep the antenna up to keep pissing off the a$$hole neighbor - a worth endevor all it's own.)

OK Guys, 10 am at GK's house on Saturday 9-14-13 if you want to help. We need to take down all of the antennas so they can tent the house for termites. The antennas will go back up at a later date. I think we will need at least 6 guys for the work.

Who's in?

Antennas are down. Thanks DTO for showing up and helping. Much easier taking them down than putting them up. Stay tuned for round two.

Nope, went by the house yesterday. (I work in El Segundo.) I almost drove right past it 'cause the roof was bare.

We definitely need to do something about this. I can contact his bro-in-law to see what kind of date we can set up.

- Tom

Reactions: 1 person
dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.