• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Got a laugh today.super penetrator not legal for 11m.too long

kc8adu

Jan 5, 2010
Note that metal antennas were deemed illegal for cb due to not meeting insulation/safety standards.
Mfrs just called them "commercial" and even gave a nice freq to length chart.
Business as usual!

This topic has already been brought up ..... somehow, back in 1983 or so, the FCC thought that Hams were smarter than CBers and not get electrocuted when the all-metal antenna fell on a high-voltage power line.
Let this happen today to a CBer and see how fast the seller would get sued for selling that antenna to a CBer since it still is a law that they don't care about.

This topic has already been brought up ..... somehow, back in 1983 or so, the FCC thought that Hams were smarter than CBers and not get electrocuted when the all-metal antenna fell on a high-voltage power line.
Let this happen today to a CBer and see how fast the seller would get sued for selling that antenna to a CBer since it still is a law that they don't care about.
Same story with a lot of things in this country. Someone screws up and instead of holding the individual accountable or responsible, they punish everybody. Of course a lot of it is selective depending on your party affiliation.

I was a maintenance man most of my life and the thing I told most of the crew is, ( Murphy's Law Prevails ) If it can go wrong It Will.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.