• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

got my base up today

B

BOOTY MONSTER

well , i finally got some sort of base up . using my old virage vx-68 ssb export , with a texas star 500v and of course my 2018 xtreme mic . using an audio authority 50 amp PS to power them with a astatic 700 meter to keep an eye on things .

i made a home made wire antenna . its basically a starduster but with 4 108 inch ground radials sloped about 33 degrees with a bauln at the feed point . its only about 5 feet from the ground to the bottom of the ground radials because its hanging from a tree . made about 15-20 trips back and forth trimming the top of the antenna till i got almost no movement on channel 1 , a lil movement on channel 20 and about 1.1 1/2 on channel 40 , figgured thats close enough . its not working too bad . putting about 3 lbs on hopewell about 20-25 miles ass the bird flies barefooted . im sure if it was 20 foot higher it would make a huge difference . using 8x coax from sparkys with hand soldered amphenols on it .

thanks to many of the folks on this forum for putting up with so many questions and aiding in my equipment choices . oh , and yall aint off the hook yet !!! CB = constantly buying !! still want to get a better antenna and of course up higher .

ill try to get some pics in the next few days .

thanks again folks :)

yep , its erect . swings a lil in the wind but big things tend to do that . :0

btw , even though the bottom of the antenna is only 5 ft off the ground and less than 50 feet away im having absolutely zero problems with my tv (analog or digital channels) my computer or computer speakers . hopefully ill have the same effect on the neighbors !! ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.