• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Grundig shortwavers HELP please

L

liberator32

Hello

I am very new to the shortwave community and would like a little advise. I am considering buying myfirst shortwave and would like to spend around 100.00, used or new. I do not know much about frequencies, bands etc. I have been looking at Grundig receivers, predominantly the yb400pe and the s350. I plan to mostly listen while at home, but traveling with my receiver could be nice. I am an avid musician and an electronics enthusiast to some degree, so options such as outputs hooking up to my home or professional stereo would be cool. I see that the s350 doesn’t have a number pad but the yb does. Which one is considered a more “professional” device. Does the YB series lack features due to its lightweight and portability? Are there other brands (please be specific about the model too) I should consider, and why? Please shed some light!!!

Thanks a lot

also, is there a grundig website with their models?

</p>

Hello

I am very new to the shortwave community and would like a little advise. I am considering buying myfirst shortwave and would like to spend around 100.00, used or new. I do not know much about frequencies, bands etc. I have been looking at Grundig receivers, predominantly the yb400pe and the s350. I plan to mostly listen while at home, but traveling with my receiver could be nice. I am an avid musician and an electronics enthusiast to some degree, so options such as outputs hooking up to my home or professional stereo would be cool. I see that the s350 doesn’t have a number pad but the yb does. Which one is considered a more “professional” device. Does the YB series lack features due to its lightweight and portability? Are there other brands (please be specific about the model too) I should consider, and why? Please shed some light!!!

Thanks a lot

also, is there a grundig website with their models?

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.