• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

H&Y Sends new Amplifier... KLV 1000 so far is NICE! ;)

High Miler

May 30, 2005
Pennsylvania
Well H&Y did as they said they would... The KLV is on the shelf right now on Stand-by ... I have used it quite extensively the last few days... So far it is holding together and is quite nice.

Here is what I learned from talking to Techs, Forum members and calling their tech support and picking their brains... :p

1) Set the DeadKey low... I have mine at 1 Watt
2) Let the Tubes Cook 24-48 Hrs on Standby before using
3) Run at Low to Half Power for one week..Than open 'er up!
4) Keep your Swing low and let the linear do the work (My Swing is 6-8 Watts with an occasional high of 10)
5) When Re-Tubing use Russian Svetlana Tubes- They are more
Rugged... Will get more ouput and last longer.

This is what I am seeing for power:

Low- 250 Watts
Med- 450 Watts
Hi - 650 Watts

I have my radio set at 1 Watt DeadKey swinging to 8-10 Watts PEP...

Very nice and very Strong Clean signal... At full Jag it is barely, barely fuzzin' the TV...

Neighbors are very happy! :p

Oh I know believe me... There's quite a few unhappy campers that's had the KLV ...

I tried to dig up info on the Texas Star but couldn't seem to come up with a Concrete answer on these things and wanted to get back into a Tube linear...

Anymore tube linears comming through the door I can assure you will be of the Ameritron vintage...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.