• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Halloween radio style

loosecannon

Mar 9, 2006
what a great Halloween it was for pirate radio activity!

DON'T FEAR THE REAPER indeed!

for those that don't know, halloween is the best day of the year for pirate radio broadcasts.

they usually take place after 1 PM PST and can last until after 9PM PST.

they are not meant for mass consumption and they are not powerful stations, but they hold many surprises.

this halloween i was treated to WTF radio on 6925khz USB with great music and also great visuals!!!

you see, whoever was broadcasting must have known that people would be listening in SDR format and was drawing actual pictures with their radio signals!

distinctly saw a spider and two different alien representations.

the sounds that went along with these visual teasers were spooky to say the least.

i for one recorded three different stations between 6900 and 7000 khz throughout the evening.

i would like to formally thank anyone and everyone who helps contribute to this long held secret tradition you stand on the wings of giants.

if i can find a way i'll share my sound files.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated