• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Has anybody tried these MagMounts......

Hey Phil with all that power you're runnin', you better get two of em'.

Marconi

Ahh come on Eddie, Not me......hehe.....I've always ran Wilson's and I'm looking for a decent mobile antenna for my pops.......I'm going to set him up witha Cobra 148gtl, with a small 100w mobile amp........Can't beat the price on these guys, but just was wondering if any forum members have ran them........73's Marconi..........Hey shoot me a PM sometime....

I have used one before, it worked good, may not have been as good as a Wilson is, but comparable (Been a few years since I used it).

The only problem with them that I remember is the mast, too small and thin for the setscrews, which leads to the screws stripping the threads out easily. (Could be cheap metal used to make the mast or could have just been mine) If you get 1 just take it easy when tightening and you should be good to go.

Hey gang.......Just was cruzing Ebay and stumbled across these Cobra magmounts.......Price is not bad, but you usually get what you pay for.......Just wondering if anybody has used one.......73's all

It's a decent antenna, and should work just fine for your dad.

Hey there Devil Dog. :twisted: ...haha........Couldn't resist huh....good to hear from ya bud.......And yes thestonerguy, it will probably do for him......I'm not going to hook up the 667HDV yet....hehe....
I was thinking of getting him the small wilson 500, but for the price, this Cobra antenna might be better......Thanks for input you guys.......73's.... By the way, the band's been open since around 10:00am PST.....Been doing some jawin for a while....Where's everybody............. :roll:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.