• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

has anyone tried the Heil mic element in a d104

Yes , I did . It sounds great ! I have had nothing but good reports. I just hot glued the back of it to a large piece of cardboard and set it in.

sonwatchersig.gif

God bless you all !

CDX-897

OT-897

WV-897

CM-2368

American Kangaroo-1897</p>

Yes,

I think that the Heil HC-5(Blue Label) sounds fantastic. Just remember when you put one of these elements into a D-104 head that they are designed to have someone talk no more than 6 inches away. The Heil elements are not as sensitive to sound as the D-104 or Silver Eagle are so you will need to turn up the amplifier on the base much higher or else you will not modulate very well. The way I installed mine was to use the fiberglass stuffing that is glued to the dead original element and sandwich the element between the stuffing in the back and in the front of the mic head. be sure to only use a very thin layer in the front otherwise it will knock down sensitivity. I do not reccomend buying the HC-4(Red Label AKA the DX Dream Machine) element. I heard one on an Astatic and it did not sound very pleasant, They are designed strictly for DXing and nothing else.

broncosig.gif

Honda CX500 V-Twin

Larry T.

CDX-529 Northwest Connecticut

"The Littlest Station In The Nation!"

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.