• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Heathkit HA-10 Help

gogo_gadgit

Oct 31, 2009
Hi, I recently picked up a full Mohawk station which came with a HA-10 linear amplifier. I have looked at the schematics, and researched the amp, and I understand that they where not built with the relay, however in mine there is an mechanical switching unit right before the output jack, does any one think this is some kind of modification that some one has done over the years.

Are these amps suppose to have a hum to them, not really loud, but defiantly easy to hear, similar to that of a automotive car battery charger. I never had a linear of this size and one that used this kind of voltage so I wasn't sure, although with that kind of power it would make sense for a little hum

I was just looking at one of those Warrior amplifiers earlier. I seen it sports 4 811A and 2 866A are these 2 866A tubes drivers??

Hi, I recently picked up a full Mohawk station which came with a HA-10 linear amplifier. I have looked at the schematics, and researched the amp, and I understand that they where not built with the relay, however in mine there is an mechanical switching unit right before the output jack, does any one think this is some kind of modification that some one has done over the years.

Are these amps suppose to have a hum to them, not really loud, but defiantly easy to hear, similar to that of a automotive car battery charger. I never had a linear of this size and one that used this kind of voltage so I wasn't sure, although with that kind of power it would make sense for a little hum

It very well could be a mod, if its not in the schematic then it is.... If it is as you describe some kind of "mechanical switch" then most likely it is being used to energize the amp.

as for the hum, The one I had was silent, a friend has one which makes some noise, his is physical hum, caused by the age of the transformer, probably what yours is from.

Cures can be as simple as a rubber mount, or as involved as replacing/rebuilding the current transformer.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.