• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help me, before I spend again...

74IN

Feb 17, 2003
Labia
Yeasu FT8100R of FT 90R?

I know both have faults, but they seem to be of the type that is hit or miss, good radio or junk. Rated 5 or 0, and the crap seems to be manifested early on.

Both are used, close to the same price.

Not all at once, lol.

Only the 8100R seller wrote back.

I guess my mind has been made up for me.

I would have bought the 90R, very nice TINY radio, easy to operate. They go for around 250-400 on EBAY if it has the seperation kit

The 8100 was 185 shipped wth remote mounting and two faces.

All original boxes and packaging, like it is new.

wht not go newer

Both of the units in question are nice rigs ! Unless it is a price issue from expierence If you want dual rx, as in the 8100, why not get a new 8800 as they are only $ 344.95 @ HRO this month. and as for the 90 i would personally go ic-208H it has more power and is very comperable in price, atually have one near new i would consider selling, well anyways hope maybe this was a different insight on the subject, 73;s to all..........uh brain gas after futhur review,......Uh i see it looks as if the 8100 was purchased at a good price, hey best of luck good rig!

Last edited:
Thanks, eham has bad reviews of it, but they seem to be bad right out of the box. If you get a goodie, you seem to be OK.

The guy I got it from took fantastic care of it, KC8MIL, it's like new.

I was gonna put it in the big truck, but it's just tooo nice.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.