• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help with a Texas Star 350 HDV

CBtalker205

Dec 1, 2008
I have a Texas Star 350HDV that was having relay problems. The TX relay was stuck in the transmit position. I bought a new one from Mouser and installed it. I hooked every thing back up and turned it on and saw smoke comming from the RF choke. I was told by a tech that the choke did not need to be in there anyway so just take it out. But I was thinking if it didn't need to be there why would they put it in there in the first place? so anyway the question is should I buy a new choke and put it in or can I do away with it? And is there anyway to bypass it?

I have a Texas Star 350HDV that was having relay problems. The TX relay was stuck in the transmit position. I bought a new one from Mouser and installed it. I hooked every thing back up and turned it on and saw smoke comming from the RF choke. I was told by a tech that the choke did not need to be in there anyway so just take it out. But I was thinking if it didn't need to be there why would they put it in there in the first place? so anyway the question is should I buy a new choke and put it in or can I do away with it? And is there anyway to bypass it?

first of all if the choke burnt up then theres something wrong some where i would double check every thing and rewind the choke its real easy you just need coated wire and if ya can count the turns and just rewind it and put it back in..

check some of this stuff and see if it helps
Texas Star DX 250-DX 350 Service Manual

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.