• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HELP WITH EXCITER LINE FOR MY 2100B

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
Ok I have the din plug for the Yase FT-450 but I now have to make new cables from the external relay to amplifir and the ALC control if there is one I have to look.

The problem is this Yaeso amplifier does not sport the handy female RCA plugin outlets theres screws that you hard wire to in anyone is familiar or has done this? I know I have to cut on end off an RCA cord but the hot and the ground connect to?? There are 4 screws to connect to any help appreciated I judt want to makesure I do this correctly Thanks .....Tony

Last edited:

I'm assuming you have the manual for the 2100B? If not, here is one:

http://www.rigpix.com/linears/yaesu_fl2100b_manual.pdf

Here's a recent post on QRZ for someone who was trying to do something similar:

The FL-2100B's internal relay is controlled by the rear terminal strips "RY" and "E" terminals. Both "E" terminals are "ground".
The amplifier is shipped from the factory with a jumper between "RY" and "E". If this jumper is in place, remove it and make your T/R relay control connections between "RY" and "E". The relay voltage on the "RY" terminals is approximately 13VDC and the radio must be able to withstand this switching voltage and "current" rating. Review the radio's switch circuit in the radio's manual for further details. Don't assume the radio can withstand the switching voltage, check the radio's manual to be sure!
(...)
The ALC connection is between the rear terminals "ALC" and "E", again, "E" is ground.
Shielded cable should be used between both connections, ALC and the relay.

BTW, that note about the relay above is a must. You need to make sure your rig can handle that 13v

The FL 2100B manual can be downloaded from many places including here:

http://www.k4jrg.org/site/ham.nsf/FL-2100B-2_screen.pdf?OpenFileResource

Page 14 shows connection info for a FL 400 which might be close to the 450....I'm not sure. The "E" terminal is for the relay ground connection from the exciter and "RY" is the hot terminal from the exciter. ALC is pretty much straight forward.

The 2100B is a real good amp. You will enjoy it. One thing to check that is often neglected is the cooling fans. Make sure that both of them work properly. I've seen many of them that only one would provide the cooling it was supposed to. It takes a little work but they can be cleaned up and made to work like new.

Good Luck,

BC

THANKS AGAIN MOLE I have the book and just dug it out but seen you posted what I was needing and that was what is ground ETC

Ok so the 2 center screws are for the ALC (right center) and E (left center) are the ALC hookup and the 2 far ends E (far left) and RY (far right) are the relay hookups E being ground.

Last edited:
Ok I understand what there for but just find it odd how they put these you would think thy would list the terminals so they were right next to one another other than the configuration theused LMAO.

I was talking to an amplifier rebuilder/repair on 75 meters lastnight and he said that it really probally doesnt matter what ground you used if they were checked with a meter they were most likely tied together anyways but to be safe until he double checks in his schematics to hook it up in the configuration they show.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.