• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Henery 2k

It depends on the modifications done to it really. For that price, it it's in decent shape, you could get that and more back just by parting the thing out. If it's working, you should go apologize to the widow and give her a gift of about the same amount. If those transformers have "P. Dahl" on them, be on your knees when you do that apologizing.
You didn't get 'hurt'.
- 'Doc

I was at an Estate auction and Picked up a Henry 2 k amp for 250. The transformers were replaced with real beefy ones. was this amp worth the investment?

:eek:

It depends on the modifications done to it really. For that price, it it's in decent shape, you could get that and more back just by parting the thing out. If it's working, you should go apologize to the widow and give her a gift of about the same amount. If those transformers have "P. Dahl" on them, be on your knees when you do that apologizing.
You didn't get 'hurt'.
- 'Doc

Heed this man's advice and be thankful I don't come down there and hurt you. :whistle:

From what I understand, The guy was an electronics genus and invented something for computers. He started working at age 20 and retired at age 30. This was his personal amp and was working at the time he had passed. The main transformer is about 2 the size of the old ones and this thing is like new inside. He was single with no kids.
I guess I will be putting my Swan Mark 2 up for sale.
Bob.

Unfortunately, I can't match or beat C.K.'s offer. But! I can do something even better, I'll ease your conscience about the guy not having a widow that you can make amends to. I'll offer what you paid for that junky thing. Might even pay the freight bill, maybe. Now, is that deal or not?
- 'Doc

Ok, here we go folks.
I am looking to sell my Swan Mark 2 locally first but I need a good ball park on what it is worth.
It does light up and the voltage does come up. I have a pic of it on my station pics.
I do need an honest price.
KE7KPB.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.