• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

high SWR on Moonraker 4 flat side

S

slim cdx285

i would guess there is still a "loose" connection somewhere,

resulting in different readings.i'd keep checking up on the SWR and see if it's gonna vary w/the wind and/or weather conditions.

one other thing,could be the metal needed time to "settle in",

i've read this many times around the net BUT never experienced it personally!(nor do i understand this myth)

keep us posted as to the results ya see there jake.

Slim CDX285

slimsig.gif
</p>

Well....after an afternoon and evening of pure misery of putting up our buddies Moonraker 4 it was a real kick in the balls to find out the SWR was over 3. here's the thing tho. 2 years ago when we put it up it did the same thing. a wind storm came through and the SWR went down to 1.5-1.8!

i know that there's a lot of things that could be effecting this, but one thing i don't think it is is a coax break. i could hear him about 5 miles away in an area that i shouldn't be able to hear him if the coax was bad.

another thing is i hooked up a tuner to it to protect his transceiver....but i don't notice a difference in his TX with the tuner on or off and he doesn't notice a difference in RX with it on or off.

can anybody give me anything to look for? tuning procedures, anything?

thanks

-----------

27.365 LSB

27.385 LSB

2TX949

WV949

YG949

CDX-949

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=949jake>949Jake</A> at: 10/23/03 6:28 am

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated