• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

high swr when amp on. flat swr when amp off

I have a galaxy 959 going to a k40 magnamount on an 05 Titan. no probs, sounds good SWR 1.1:1. When I put my little Texas Star Mod V 100 watter, swr's shoot up to 2.5. Patch cord is good.

Galaxy 959 --> T.S. 100 w. --> k40 swr's are perfect even with the amp inline just as long as it's off. the second I flip the switch swr's bug out. amp is run directly to both battery terminals. was told i should ground the radio & amp together and also ground the amp to the vehicle. would hate to ruin the radio or amp so any help would be appreciated!

us

getting this reading from swr meter in radio. meter is accurate because i checked the reading (before amp was installed) against paradynamics meter and reading was the same. also something interesting--when i check the swr using radio meter, i dead key and get swr of 2.5 but when i whistle, it swings down to an acceptable swr. this is puzzling : (
I connected a 100 watt tuner from radio to 300 and it took SWR way down for radio

• Haha
Reactions: Alexis Mercado

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.