• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HillBilly Antenna Test

Mr Clean

May 21, 2005
I had to take my Groundplane down and get SWR alittle better so when putting it back up thought I would get some crude mesurements from a guy across the river. He is in a low spot about 25 or 30 miles as a crow flies in town between 2 big hills. He was running a President Washington with 200 watts pep coming from his amp using a A 99 about 30 ft. I was using a Pogo stick and a galaxy 88 doing 7 watts swinging 22 or so. Took receive and transmit readings at 15,23, 30 and 36 ft. 15ft transmit 0 db but he could hear me receive 1 s unit.23ft transmit 1 s unit receive 3 sunits. 30ft transmit 1 s unit receive 4 and a half s units. 36ft transmit 3 s units receive 6 s units. This was very crude testing but thought it was kind of cool and thought I would share it with you. I was at 30 ft and at 36 it seems like most stations are coming in at about 1 sunit higher. I did not want to run an amp for testing

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.