• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hornet ,mo. Spooklite.

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
http://www.koamtv.com/story/39388420/the-joplin-spooklight
This is a spactacular thing to witness.
I seen it first when in high school. A bunch of us went to see it.
Then 15 years ago i hauled salvage out of a closed down quarry west of where you see the spook lite.i made 2 to 3 trips a nite. That light would look like it was on the hood of my mack n was agitating the bulldog on the hood.
Few nites id have to get the young folks to move cars so i could pass by.i even let them climb up my trailer to see it better.
Odd part in a 2 mile radius a cb radio would be dead quiet and transmissions produced nobody.
You can google it lots about it too.some modern day educated idiots said light reflection from cars on I- 44.which is a farce,the light was there as long as anybody can remember long before cars .area was settled in like 1850. Old timers said their folks seen it way back then

You was on the sauce, weren’t you? You better stop drinking that stuff, you know what they say it does to your man parts. Hahahahaha

Reactions: Rwb
Alt69.jpg
I liked the one with 'Tater and the Ghost Light...​

The event is similar to "ducting" and operates a lot like a common phenomenon - mirage.

The weather - in that region - in localized areas, refracts even the starlight and moonlight (they show a glimpse of that) into eerie rainbow colors - nothing is "truly white lite".

Even the air - in the lowlands - is stagnant and oppressive - especially on summer nights when there is not a whiff of wind.

The area is a part of , and sits in, a river valley, and the reason as to why I'm doing up this little "book report" is from a delivery I had to make to a farm off of 69 in this region. It's Why I grabbed a map of the terrain too...

I arrived at the stop about 4 am on an August morn so I had some time to sit and watch and wait for them to show me where to park the trailer. They just bought some new farm implements so they wanted it ASAP and in a barn to keep safe.

This is the interesting part, if any of you have seen "ripples" in the clouds - some call it Gravity Waves, but more like a shear roll pattern and the weather geeks call it Helmholtz waves.

You also have to know the area and the air arriving to it from the various layers above...

Watch the sunrise in that area sometime - it can be stunning - never saw the sun disk get "fingered" and cut in two - quite like that morning - I just got lucky.

But it does show the power and dynamics of the Gulf Moisture air rising over the cooler Nebraska/Kansas dry cold air pushing in to replace it and in a valley like that area has - when the oil fields are busy with gas production or storage - you have the heavy scent of methane but also the whiff of clear air from the farmlands just northwest.

So it's not uncommon to see refracted lights from the Train crossbucks as well as lights from the other towns in the region - some distances away from their sources.

It's not as uncommon as you may think - in some instances this can also take place around Yellowstones' Geyser basin where old faithful resides - you can see refracted light from the towns on the cameras at night off in the north and west distances. Affects starlight and moonlight too.

Yeah, it can get spooky, but once you realize your witnessing an event not too many others see - and then too, how the neighbors react with "see this stuff all the time" - it stays with you...

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb and 357magnum
Only intersting part modoc tribe spoke of the light before white man was here.
Google it many many subjects on it theory n speculations.tales n truths
But look at the northern lites too.breathtaking first time i seen them

IT is interesting to know and see, that even though Joplin got walloped by that tornado, so much of that area has got a lot of history and long lineage of family roots there.

Funny how, as a OTR driver, as I visited stores along the various stops - they always would ask me "What is it like out on the road" or "Man! to be out there..."

I tell it like it is, "It ain't easy as it looks, and you're better off here, where you're at now. Because to be honest if I lived here I'd be home now."

I'd love to settle down in places like that - time just kinda "stops" in such a way that you can decompress from life's "elsewhere's" that beat you down - it is such breath of fresh air to meet "America" as you have read about in books and heard stories over campfires roasting marshmallows and making s'mores...

I will never forget the sunrise I saw then, so it's easy enough to explain, but why? It's more fun to let the locals talk about it and let them understand it in the way that is best for them - not shoved down their throats, like "Common core" - or - "Do it the way we tell you or you're flunked..." - that to me is where the system fails them - the system is unable to be adapted to this kind of lifestyle (My point of view of where I wish I was - not where I'm at now). But for many of us from "old school" - we lived under this type of discipline so it's nothing new to us to just "live out" life, in a simple and just - honest way of living. We know the why and what, we just you don't need to beat down heads over it.

Last edited:
IT is interesting to know and see, that even though Joplin got walloped by that tornado, so much of that area has got a lot of history and long lineage of family roots there.

Funny how, as a OTR driver, as I visited stores along the various stops - they always would ask me "What is it like out on the road" or "Man! to be out there..."

I tell it like it is, "It ain't easy as it looks, and you're better off here, where you're at now. Because to be honest if I lived here I'd be home now."

I'd love to settle down in places like that - time just kinda "stops" in such a way that you can decompress from life's "elsewhere's" that beat you down - it is such breath of fresh air to meet "America" as you have read about in books and heard stories over campfires roasting marshmallows and making s'mores...

I will never forget the sunrise I saw then, so it's easy enough to explain, but why? It's more fun to let the locals talk about it and let them understand it in the way that is best for them - not shoved down their throats, like "Common core" - or - "Do it the way we tell you or you're flunked..." - that to me is where the system fails them - the system is unable to be adapted to this kind of lifestyle (My point of view of where I wish I was - not where I'm at now). But for many of us from "old school" - we lived under this type of discipline so it's nothing new to us to just "live out" life, in a simple and just - honest way of living. We know the why and what, we just you don't need to beat down heads over it.
pretty much sums it up andy. I hauled grain for consoladted grain n barge.i loaded at farms all over oklahoma into kansas n missouri.lot of late evening loading n heard many local lore of the land storys.
I quit n now never get 50 miles from home.feel like i lost a lot when i started sleeping in my bed every nite.but glad to be home.now i just help neighbors move their grain when needed

And don’t forget Joe Baldwin, the Maco light. That’s not too far from here, maybe 35 miles from me. I have yet to see it though, must be some secret ingredient to seeing it and a few of the other spooky things in NC.

Kinda like Scooby Doo and the gang... you ever paid attention to how they rode around in a van, in the 70’s and with a talking dog? Now I’m not judging anybody here but I’m pretty sure Shaggy was clearly a stoner. Which leads me to believe the rest of the gang probably were experimenting with some form of something. I mean, they all could hear Scooby talking, my dog eats off a fork but she’s never talked.

And they were never scared, clearly they were too high to be worried about spooks. I’m sure Fred had a hidden agenda too, he always took Daphne with him... always.

But anyway, maybe I’m missing out on the spooky stuff cause I’m not taking any Scooby snacks... figuratively speaking about dog treats that is.

We got unexplaned things like this everywhere. Be interesting to see them all
Yes scooby had to be a stoner as well as the rest of em rats rite relrory

So if I give my dog pot brownies, will she talk to me? She’s pretty old and we’ve had a lot of one sided conversations, be nice to hear what she’s thinking. To date though, neither of us have ever took part in the whacky backy

So if I give my dog pot brownies, will she talk to me? She’s pretty old and we’ve had a lot of one sided conversations, be nice to hear what she’s thinking. To date though, neither of us have ever took part in the whacky backy
well i cant answer that question,i never use it either,might have to ask LEO from that 70's show

Hey man, like, give your dog that brownie,
man. Pay attention, man.

Haha.

I like my dog like she is, she’s a good ole dog. It would be nice if she could talk but I’m not buying a van and solving mysteries to get her to do it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated