• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How do you unlock a 2950 DX ?

waynwalt

Nov 3, 2009
I know how to do the old style 2950/2970 with the jumper provided but this new radio is diff /with no e-clip. does anyone know where Ican get one or a part number so I can order one. Any 2950DX info to unlock appreciated. Wayne

If it's the same as the 2970, there's a chip that comes with the radio you have to plug in. I'm not sure, though.

I have one of the older series 2950DX's,in other words one of the first series of the new 2950DX's and it had the E-chip. It could also be expanded by jumpering the terminals on the back of the display board just like the old black face orange display 2950's. I was told that I should still use the E-chip however but no reason was ever given as to why.

I have one of the older series 2950DX's,in other words one of the first series of the new 2950DX's and it had the E-chip. It could also be expanded by jumpering the terminals on the back of the display board just like the old black face orange display 2950's. I was told that I should still use the E-chip however but no reason was ever given as to why.

Thanks QRN; Wish I could see what the E-chip looked like. I think I would rather start with getting one to try out first before jumping terminals with homemade pins. Board has a green round sticker on it with 2950DX hand writen with ink pen. Would you happen to know the part number?

Check this site out for some more info. Also the E-chip is NOT something you can buy as a part. It was included with the radios only AFAIK.

The Defpom Ranger RCI 2950 Mods Page

Thanks QRN; Wish I could see what the E-chip looked like. I think I would rather start with getting one to try out first before jumping terminals with homemade pins. Board has a green round sticker on it with 2950DX hand writen with ink pen. Would you happen to know the part number?

dxChat
Help Users