• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

how to set up a base antenna

C

craneman15210

ok, here goes,

of course i am a newbie, and i need some help

i have a concrete block garage, i have a radio shack base ( just starting out with base) and need to hook up a base antenna, i managed to buy an 18 foot cobra fiberglass off of ebay and i am looking for suggestions on mounting this, should i mount up on the roof of the garage with some kind of mounting bracket, or should i keep it low and mount on a pole in the ground next to the garage?

i am not sure what the rules are for mounting on the peak of the roof, how high am i allowed to go?

there are no power lines or anything above that would stop me from going high, but i do not want to get the neighbors upset if i go too high, i want to stay legal height.also, and this may sound crazy, but it the 18 ft fiberglass better than one of those dipoles?

if i do mount on a pole in the ground, should i run a ground wire from the pole to a ground rod?

any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated

thanks to all

craneman

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=craneman15210>craneman15210</A> at: 2/9/04 12:10 am

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.