• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How To Tighten Head On Turner Desk Mic ?

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Hey guys, Just got a +3 in and the head is slightly loose. Anyone know how to tighten those up?

Thanks!

Hi Bob

Thanks. Do you have any experience doing this yourself? The Turner emblem disk on back looks like a thin aluminum-sheet label....covering an access hole, which makes sense, but how easy will that thing come off? Looks like I would need to pry under it with a fine knife blade and the thing is going to be damaged if not destroyed in the removal. Any tips?

TNX !!

I have the same issue with my Turner +3. The label will come off with an Xacto knife, but you have to be careful not to damage it. It might be easier to apply a little heat with a hair dryer to soften up the glue before trying to pry it off.

Thanks Mo I'll consider that. Just got this mic and it's in very good cosmetic condition and I plan on putting one of my Tweet Birds in it and using it as my full time mic. The head is only slightly loose and you know....it's not going anywhere, it just sits on the desk so I may just leave the head alone. It's not causing any problem. Don't want to jack it up any seeing as it's such great shape.

Thanks!

I did what bob and mole suggested a year ago and then added some shimming under the front of the head to elevate it.

the metal disc is a little bit thicker than you might be thinking.

just make sure you use a razor knife as was previously suggested, and work your way around the disc; diving in a little further with each time around.

i think its worth it to tighten the screw because loose screws in mics tend to make funny noises while you are keyed up.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted