• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR2510, Export or Ham

D

Devildog 985

I was wondering what would you consider this radio, A ham radio or export. I personnally think just an export. What is truely considered a Ham radio?

Thanks, Jim

Ok Who did that ?
fart.gif
</p>

Here's my thinking on the 2510 export or ham thing:

By today's standards, it's an export cb that also can tx on 10m. So are the Rangers and the Magnums that are even sold by Ham Radio Outlet. The technology that's in today's ham transceivers has progressed in ways that CB's never have and probably never will simply because there isn't as much of a market for CBs as there is for Ham gear.

Sometime go to a local ham shop or hamfest and take a look at an Icom 746 Pro, Icom 756 Pro, Kenwood TS-200, or even a more moderately priced rig or whatever catches your eye. Ask the sales rep to show you what it can do. Then ask yourself if the 2510 can do that. While the 2510/2600/Lincoln is still one of my favorite CB's....it's just that....a really good CB.

Moleculo

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.