• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HTX-100 Repair...

T23

Apr 17, 2010
I have an HTX-100 that has had the frequency mod done to it, when I got it, the tuning knob didn't work, ofcourse I was aware of this and it has not left the radio in an unusable state it has tunning buttons instead, but I was thinking when the frequency mod was done you had to cut a trace near a 64 pin IC, so could it have been that the wrong trace was cut by mistake and can be jumpered to fix the tuning knob?

Here's the mod on this page, maby someone can guide me as to what could have gone wrong when someone did the frequency mod to fix this issue.

http://www.radiomods.co.nz/radioshackhtx100mods.html

T23

I've accidently purchsed hacked radios in the past. Most were too far gone to fix. Too bad...The HTX -100 is a well designed 10m radio. hard to find in good condition now so I hate to hear about one destroyed to make it work on 11m.

I got a PM from the original owner it was like this when he got it, The control board behind the front panel would need to be replaced for it to work as it should, but this does not really take away from it funtionality.

T23

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.