• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HTX-202

What exactly is the problem? can't squelch out the white noise?

I would try the contact cleaner on the squelch knob, but maybe the potentiometer is bad. If you have an old radio around that you can steal a squelch pot from, you could try to wire that in just to see if that works.

Usually if does not work at all something else is wrong.A dirty pot will generally work at some point in it's rotation.I have seen where the pot has loosened and turns a bit and that can cause a wire to break off inside and that will cause the squelch to stop working altogether.

Ok, I should say not working right. It will only squelch with the knob turned completely on. But then it stays squelched even after the knob is turned off until you hit the PTT. There are some times that the squelch will not come on at all.

It does sound like a candidate for switch cleaner.I thought you meant it would not work at all any time. It is a cheap fix if it works and nothing lost if it doesn't.

Thanks everyone ! Fixed it right up :D I have 2 HTX 202's and the 404 and they are a workhorse. The only problem I had before this was I had to put a mem. battery in one. I'd like to find a holster for them.

Wow, I don't remember ! LOL You could try both outside with the knob off and inside. If I remember correctly I did so inside the radio .

how hard was it to put the memory battery in it..I need to put on in mine..I usually just leave it on the power supply and never shut it off I hate losing the memory..just wondering how much of a task it is ..thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.