• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I-10K pics with a lot of ice

1/2 inch of ice is all it took to bring my spectrum 1600 down. That's why I bought an I-10k :D It's going up next weekend.
Is that a rotor I see attached to that I-10k?

I10k

hey there guys,marconi for a small time i thought coax might be pulling out or something static was a fluctuating like loose connection but it musta been ice or something else cause everything is good now transmit was unchanged according to swr and output,and yes thats my ham 4 sitting on my hazor 10-4.
when i saw my gronud radials like that with bout 12 to 16 iches of ice sticking out past tubing i thought is it comming apart but thank god the ice was just slideing, it was like that for 5 days cause i kept waiting for my black caps to fall so i could collect them but i guess my dog was also watching lol i could not findem

The mechanical structure of the I-10K antenna is nothing short of awesome. This is one of the reasons why I recommend this antenna so highly!

I'm not surprised that the Spectrum 1600 failed. That antenna sucks on so many levels. Does it work? Sure, it works......everything works! I've seen them where the coil assembly is all full of condensation and one where the whole base melted. My favorite part of this antenna is the use of ribbed tubing. While this MIGHT make the element more rigid, it also HIGHLY MINIMIZES the contact area between the two elements. Think about it, only the TIPS of the ridges are making contact with the next larger tube. I wonder what fills the valleys of those ridges......water, air, CORROSION, OXIDATION! Well, that should cover the Spectrum 1600 (and most of the Italian junk) for a while.

If you are SERIOUS about your radio hobby, you owe it to yourself to own and operate an I-10K!

http://www.a1antennas.com/

Panama how do you like the Hazer system. I have heard good and bad. Would love to try one but alot of money if its a peice of crap. Hows it working for you?

hazor

its well worth the money i had a jogunn 6x6 star on it and thank god for the hazor, up and down and up and down many many times in last 5 years plus i bought this 1 used from a freind whos tower had fallen over and hazor did not get damaged at all, but his maco 6 elemt crumbled any how, :idea: yes very worth it

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.