• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I Like skip ,But!

Grogan

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 1, 2011
Southern New Jersey
Last night it was so quiet, no skip at all. Had some of the regular local guys talking. And a few people that haven't been on in a while. Some of them saying . I just turn it off when it's so noisy....

It's the calm before the storm. The solar flux index is at 174, and there is a LARGE double sunspot starting to face the earth with a 50% chance of a Class-M solar flare outburst in the next couple of days. Things should be getting better during the day and just past sunset if we're lucky.

Mike

Reactions: 1 person
Skip time

Alrighty! I heard Motor mouth mauls briefly yesterday and not JD. It did get quiet yesterday evening . I usually get the New England states in the evening but nada.

I heard motormouth here in Va last wednesday for a little while after 6 pm, and channel 6 was just a talk show riot. Somone told someone else, it doesn't get better than this..:p:

This was with the TRC 485 in the basement, with an inverted V 1/2 wave dipole also in the basement. I was aligning a tuner on a Kenwood receiver, and listening to Emmy Lou Harris through a G8000 Sansui and HPM 1100 Pioneer speakers, but turned that off, the CB chat was more entertaining.

I also heard him over the weekend, sounded more like a direct land line with a speaker phone connection than a cb radio off of ebay (TRC 433 with another 1/2 wave vertical dipole in a tree).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.