• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I want the straight Scoop!

give me 250 wtts and good coax and good antenna i will out talk someone with a fair coax and fair antenna and 1500wtts all day,hehe

I see that happening every day. Someone upgrades to a 3000 watt base amp on a 3 element 70 ft up while another kicks his ass every day with a 3 pill on a power supply using a stacked set of 5 elements 120 ft up. Nickel on a dime!

Wouldn't starve the amp for supply current; sure didn't say that. Why would you do that? But I would turn down the peak output power in the radio until I saw 1000w PEP through the amp and in the Bird meter. That is what I'm talkin' about. Usually just turning down the AM modulation to 100%/slightly less - will git 'er done . . .

I understand what you are saying. I guess my main concern is his alternator is not large enough so there is no way that amp is properly fed.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.