• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IC-706MKIIG What Happened?

C2

Aug 3, 2005
What happened with this rig?

I remember about 2 years ago I saw these at HRO (local outlet) having these for about $750 new, and they would have good sales. Now they are up to $950. :?:

My guess is they're trying to narrow the price separation between the 706 and the new 7000. Looks like pure sales and marketing tactics to me...

I was expecting the mk2g to go down when the new model came out. Ha ha, foolish little boy...

Kind of stinks when you see used ones going for $850 when you could have bought a new one for $100 less. :x

Marketing Tactics

Kenwood in thier infinite wisdom (?) has done the same thing to the 2000. Compare prices from last summer with what they're going for now. Corporate ripoff...nothing less.

I think it's comming true...the foriegn powers, investors...even the indegineous ilk, are seeing the same thing...that the american dollar is spiraling down the tube of worthlessness.

I'm trying to start out in everything; in my phase of life, and I'm seeing the ship sailing away...I cannot get paid what I'm worth and I can barely afford the things I need, and I have to make due. It seems like each day things just get further and further from my grasp.

funny thing is..
if i wanted to sell it..
i likly would get as much or more then what i paid for it new..

but hey..
it makes a great back up radio..

the IC-7000 is a great radio..

Later

:evil:

just means I'm gonna wait longer.

I did see at HRO they had it on sale for $800 now.

That's a local outlet...and it included the $50 coupon ($849 on extended holiday sale, IIRC).

If I did not have so much dang pride and had the extra cash, I'd probably buy it.

Wait. When no one buys them and the ware houses fill up A spring sale or forth of july sale will happen. With a coupon of course.Ham outlet or AES will have a big sale.
But than hams in general are a older breed of people set in their finacinal ways so they purchase the over priced high marked up product. Telling the MFG that their priceing structure is just about right to keep the corp profit structure and the investors happy. Way to go.

Hey todt061458

i agree prices are too high..

however many of us (whether ham cber's or whatever)
do not wish to wait the 6 to 18 months before prices come down)...

that is why i bought the IC-7000 right away..
at first i thought it was wasted money..
but i see after using it a couple of hours..
that it is indeed a far better radio..

so why should i (i suppose many others think simularly) wait for prices to drop...i mean i doubt those buying these radios are on welfare (although many of us are not rich either)

my point simply is..
to eaches own..

when i got my 706 MKIIG i paid $760 with the channel mod
so i for sure would not run out and buy another MKIIG at $950
in beginning the 706 series cost about $1500 if i remember right

i would have bought it back then at that price...except at the time i had been out of the hobby for years..

if it was the MKIIG now being introduced and it was the radio to get i would pay the money needed to get it..

things are all relitive

Later

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.