• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IC-9700

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
My local buddy has one. I was looking at it tonight. 70 and 1.2 has an N connector, but 2 meter has UHF. That's sorta weird. Figured they would go ahead and put one on it, too. It sounds good on air, but it's still to blingy for me. Is why I don't care for the 7300 I had. Universal has some coupon. The price he paid wasn't to bad. I like my IC-9100 better. Giggity!

Reactions: Woody-202 and W4KVW

My local buddy has one. I was looking at it tonight. 70 and 1.2 has an N connector, but 2 meter has UHF. That's sorta weird. Figured they would go ahead and put one on it, too. It sounds good on air, but it's still to blingy for me. Is why I don't care for the 7300 I had. Universal has some coupon. The price he paid wasn't to bad. I like my IC-9100 better. Giggity!

One of my neighbors has a 9700 & a 7300 to go with his 7800 & he loves the 9700 & for satellite work.I much prefer my ICOM 821H since I am NOT a fan of any touch screen transceivers.I hate touching the screen on my radios & I wipe mine off all of the time because it drives me crazy if it even gets some dust on it.I wear out screen protectors on my iPhone & would be doing the same with a touch screen radio.I don't see any advantages but I bet when they start failing out of warranty they will be an expensive repair.I'll stick with my Old School ICOM 7600,ICOM 746,ICOM 821H,& ICOM 2820H & I'll just buy used gear when I want or need another one because there are ZERO touch screen radios in my future even if they were FREE they can keep them I am NOT impressed.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: Woody-202
Next month will be two years since I bought my 7300. It still has the plastic film that came on the screen when I bought it.:)

Great rig.

Reactions: RoadRanger
Can't recall the name. There's a wax that can be applied to the screen. It helps resist fingerprints and dust. I used to use it on my eyeglasses. Worked pretty good.

It won’t make me want a touch screen radio even for FREE.It’s not happening at my house.Ray Novak of ICOM America is a good friend and he has tried to convince me I want one and he Failed badly.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: BJ radionut
Do you wear eye glasses?

I have a laptop that has a touch screen, but I always use a mouse with it. I don't like finger smudges either. And I don't like using a stylus pen either.

Do you wear eye glasses?

I have a laptop that has a touch screen, but I always use a mouse with it. I don't like finger smudges either. And I don't like using a stylus pen either.

I have had LASIK surgery so I have great eye sight so no glasses for me.

SIX-SHOOTER

P_20191221_173958.jpg

This is the stuff,helps on scratches too

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.