• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Icom IC-7300 HF Transceiver Review

they probably had it turned up to much. i use the heil icm microphone at 10 watts 25%modulation. everyone i talked to on am said it sounded good.

Had my 7300 for a while now and so far I've been disappointed in the NR ability. I'm in a very noisy environment and when I get the radio to a point of reducing the noise, the signal is unintelligible. While my Yaesu FT891 is less sensitive I believe that it's noise reduction capability while leaving the signal understandable is better.

Reactions: Sonar
Had my 7300 for a while now and so far I've been disappointed in the NR ability. I'm in a very noisy environment and when I get the radio to a point of reducing the noise, the signal is unintelligible. While my Yaesu FT891 is less sensitive I believe that it's noise reduction capability while leaving the signal understandable is better.
You might consider a DSP speaker or filter.
Cheap Ham has the best price for one of the most popular DSP speakers. It's an expensive option considering the 7300 should be as good as or better than your yaesu. Watching YouTube videos of people stacking DSP speakers or filters on top of their DSP capable transceivers is something that seems to work, and work very well when it comes to eliminating noise. 73

Reactions: RicoOcir
http://www.randl.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=345&products_id=72735
FT-891 YAESU .$537.89.. Free Shipping
yaesu-ft-891--5a3d745f8e6c67.04058117.jpg

Reactions: camaro1

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated