• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ICOM IC-735 HF

Just Google it, there are plenty of hacks there.

well I see a few of them on E-pay and just want to make sure I can do this as home

from what I see to unlock the transmitter cut diodes D33 and D34? if that's the case i'll have no trouble with that.

Checked a couple sites and this is what I come up with...." The mod for gen/cov tx for the IC-735 involves removing D33 and D34 from the main board. You'll have to lift the PA module up to do this, locate the diodes and simply snip one end of each. Very simple, but it's amazing just how many screws need removing in the process"......hope this helps 73s

if you would care to elaborate?

I am trying to keep it around $250 do you have any other options?

I am all so looking at a
RCI-2990
KENWOOD TS-430S

Go with the RCI-2990 for 11 meters. The old 735's have cap deterioration issues, they drift and I could go on. I won't tell the whole story but one month a few years ago I went through 3 of them and all were pretty bad even though they looked great. Heck they're 30 year old radios just like the Kenwood 430S which also had soldering QC issues from the factory. Especially on the PA board. I re-worked one of those as well...no fun.

Go with the RCI-2990 for 11 meters. The old 735's have cap deterioration issues, they drift and I could go on. I won't tell the whole story but one month a few years ago I went through 3 of them and all were pretty bad even though they looked great. Heck they're 30 year old radios just like the Kenwood 430S which also had soldering QC issues from the factory. Especially on the PA board. I re-worked one of those as well...no fun.

I got a RCI-2990 came with a D104 it was a little more then I wanted. But ill be happy with it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio