• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Idea For a Portable Antenna Mast

DJboutit

Nov 30, 2006
I just came across this free portable basketball pole and base it would could used as a portable antenna mast with base.
http://houston.craigslist.org/zip/4725262504.html

The pole is like 8 1/2 ft to 9 1/2 ft high high enough to get the antenna to a decent high in the air. I see a lot of people throwing these portable basketball pole and base away you could sell these to cb and ham radio heads that needs a cheap antenna portable mast

Sounds like a good idea especially at home for a heavy base without guy lines. I have used a aluminum painters extention pole with a A99 on top to take out to a hill and try for contacts.

You do not want the base to be to heavy then it would not be portable. put like 2 20lbs rocks or 2 cinder blocks on the base to waite it down should work fine

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.