• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I'm happy now!!!!!!

wrong way

Dec 3, 2008
columbus ohio
I always wandered why they sold it as an 1100watt amp and I was only getting 725 out of it. SO like many of you suggested I upgraded my 8 gauge wire for my 1x4 fatboy to 4 gauge welding cable and wow 200w swing 1000 to 1100/fresh now I'm happy happy just the wire fellas and it went from 100 swing 725 to that. I would highly suggest anyone thinking about wire upgrades 2 DO IT. I know it isnt the meter reading wrong or nothing beacuse radio is still doing the same barefoot. so thanks for the advise have a great day and did I mention I love welding cable??? Wrong Way

Isnt that amazing what happens when you dont starve an amplifier or restrict what your feeding it to nourish it and give it energy?? If that dont sound like a human I dont know but hey it all worked for you and thats all that counts and YOU LEARNED SOMETHING NEW!!! and it was even worth while and IMPORTANT how about that? Now isnt this a lovely Forum? LOL

Have a Merry Christmas....Tony

It's amazing ain't it!!! I don't know how many people I've tried to explain that to... , to get power out, you must put power in!! I've bought more than a few amps (base & mobiles) only because it wasn't doing "what it should".

I bought a "BIG" maco sweep tube amp (3-8950's dri. 8-M2057's) from a guy who lived in a mobile home who said he figured there was something wrong w/the amp because whenever he switched the amp to high - the lights in 1 end of the house would dim & then the breaker would trip!

I tried to tell him to run a dedicated 30 amp service to his radio room to feed the beast, but he said he had already bought a Ameritron amplifier w/4 ea. 572B's & that it was doing just fine. I think he said it was doing around 1400 watts. Hmmm, 15 amp service = 1400 watts ($$$ to burn - must be nice!!)

I didn't have the heart to tell him how much that same amp was doing @ my house plugged into a 30 amp service! Same goes for 12 tube Phantoms, 10 tube Scouts, Kenrick Eagles, etc.

Happy Holidays to all!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.