• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I'm worried about 'Doc

Marconi

Usually if I can hear em' I can talk to em'.
Oct 23, 2005
Houston
I think 'Doc lives in an area around Oklahoma City. He posted early this morning, 5/20 at about 7:00am. The storms hit a couple of hours later, and he has not been on since then.

Let's all remember 'Doc and his family in our prayers.

I think 'Doc lives in an area around Oklahoma City. He posted early this morning, 5/20 at about 7:00am. The storms hit a couple of hours later, and he has not been on since then.

Let's all remember 'Doc and his family in our prayers.

the only Doc I know of here lives in Macalister Okla. . I do not know of the tornado going through his area. I am here in okc and right by the tornadoes that have gone past. ther was one storm that could have hit his area but the news is not showing it. only the Okla city one is being shown since 2:40 today when it hit.
could be another here that I have not seen post.

I was thinking about Doc earlier tonight as well as I was reading the reports on CNN online. Doc is from Macalister Okla. which I believe is about 100 miles east of Moore which was hit hard.

Thanks for the concern but I'm doing fine. Spent the last 6 - 7 hours in front of a radio and radar screen. Had some strong wind and some rain but that was about it. The latest 'watch' should be over in about 4 more hours. It didn't all go around us but the really nasty stuff did.
- 'Doc

Reactions: 4 people
I was driving on I-35 South and was about 25 miles from that nasty tornado when it touched the ground. All I could see was a massive wall and debris flying around. Scary!

~Cheers~

my son's home is about 1/2 mile from where the tornado hit . it took him over 8 hours just to get home from work last night to see if is home was damaged or not. he left work right after the tornado hit and met up with his wife just to try to get into the edition and got in finally about 11:30 pm last night. his home was Ok but lots of trash all over the place.
I live 1 mile from where it hit in Newcastle at the 1st drop down. it was nasty for sure

Glad to hear you are OK too - Doc.

I'm a bit concerned for HomerBB too; as they had some very severe winds out in Rogers, AR/Benton County. Haven't seen nor heard from Homer here on the forum for some time too. Usually talk to him on 38LSB/often.

BB

Glad to hear your OK there Doc.

HomerBB should be OK. I am about 40 miles of him and there wasn't much storm damage up there. I heard someone talking to HomerBB last week but we are little to far to DX.

Reactions: 1 person
Living in New Jersey we can have a huricane, I can go to higher ground and get advanced notice. Just seeing a tornado on TV that big makes me cringe, It's just EVIL. Glad your ok Dock, thoughts and prayers to the neighbors. If you walk away with you life and family, you can rebuild.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.