• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Inside a Messenger M1500 FR Turbo (2) drv (8)

pumphouse

Sep 2, 2005
More stuff out of my messenger amp stash. Here i share with you the first pics published of the inside of a messenger M1500FR Turbo.
Enjoy.

PS if anyone has the history of this rare amp, please chime in at any time. Thanks

IMG_1101Medium.jpg

IMG_1102Medium.jpg

IMG_1103Medium.jpg

IMG_1104Medium.jpg

IMG_1105Medium.jpg

IMG_1106Medium.jpg

IMG_1107Medium.jpg

IMG_1108Medium-1.jpg

:)

Last edited:

ground

Take notice on where that big 4ga ground wire is grounded to inside the amp.....thats right on the pill strip! First time I have seen that.

Take notice on where that big 4ga ground wire is grounded to inside the amp.....thats right on the pill strip! First time I have seen that.
I noticed that, suppose it's for the best with that printed circuit be chopped up so much and since electrons flow from negative to positive the amp would have to draw current through that setup.

i think i have this one.i bought it yesterday and i think i smoked the same day.
is this amp sensitive to high swr?

More stuff out of my messenger amp stash. Here i share with you the first pics published of the inside of a messenger M1500FR Turbo.
Enjoy.

PS if anyone has the history of this rare amp, please chime in at any time. Thanks

[
:)

Thats a real nice amp you have there!
I have never seen a messenger like that...and I've always liked them.
Thanks for posting the pics

That is where it should be grounded. That is as close to the current source as you can get. Here is an older 6 pill that was done that way. This was built in the late 90's.

lances6pillfront.jpg

interesting pics pumphouse, the m4v uses the same ground scheme,

P1000250.jpg

Nice! You know whats funny? I have a m4v that does not have that ground scheme. Ill post pics soon

Thats a real nice amp you have there!
I have never seen a messenger like that...and I've always liked them.
Thanks for posting the pics

I love collecting rare stuff.....Thanks for the props :)

That is where it should be grounded. That is as close to the current source as you can get. Here is an older 6 pill that was done that way. This was built in the late 90's.

lances6pillfront.jpg

Damn peek, you got some sweet stuff also! I like your combiner scheme. Clean.

lances6pillfront.jpg

See...thats why I have always liked Jokers.....definatly one of a kind.
Awsome stuff!

On another note... I've always liked Messengers. The first few amps I built years ago were Messenger copies. I've used messenegers passive bias design a few times with decent results.
I've never thought of feeding the neg dc right to the emitter ... but I'm going to try it next time.
Great thread guys!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.