• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

installing 8' fiberglass antenna on pop-up camper?

1slim

i'm gonna install an 8'(96") fiberglass whip

on top of the ol' pop-up.question is how long of

coax would you recommend starting out with,18'?

it will be centered on the rooftop and the rooftop is all metal and grounded well. my past

experiments have usually worked out pretty good

w/18' of coax.to adjust the swr would you suggest

trimming the whip or adjusting coax length?

i appreciate all your input to this matter!

now i just hope the wife doesn't get too upset

w/me in my little project! thanks,slim,cdx-285

</p>

i'm gonna install an 8'(96") fiberglass whip

on top of the ol' pop-up.question is how long of

coax would you recommend starting out with,18'?

it will be centered on the rooftop and the rooftop is all metal and grounded well. my past

experiments have usually worked out pretty good

w/18' of coax.to adjust the swr would you suggest

trimming the whip or adjusting coax length?

i appreciate all your input to this matter!

now i just hope the wife doesn't get too upset

w/me in my little project! thanks,slim,cdx-285

</p>

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember that for most antennas you only need as much coax as it takes to get to the antenna...and for tuning you always adjust the antenna, not the coax.

Moleculo

</p>

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember that for most antennas you only need as much coax as it takes to get to the antenna...and for tuning you always adjust the antenna, not the coax.

Moleculo

</p>

Use whatever length coax you need. Adjust your antenna not the coax for best swr. Make all antenna adjustments with the pop-up erected and the sides pulled out. Do this away from buildings and power lines. You might consider installing the radio and antenna then making your adjustments at the camp site. Enjoy.

Main</p>

Use whatever length coax you need. Adjust your antenna not the coax for best swr. Make all antenna adjustments with the pop-up erected and the sides pulled out. Do this away from buildings and power lines. You might consider installing the radio and antenna then making your adjustments at the camp site. Enjoy.

Main</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated