• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

IRF 540 MOSFETS IN A GALAXY DX 919

This 540 device uses a zener diode in it. Doubtful that it could be used; but I am a beginner too. The 510 and 520 devices uses a non-zener diode and have been used for RF output.

Last edited:
I would stick with the correct final for that radio and leave it be. If you need MOPOWA get an external amplifier or install the RFX-75 or RFX-150.

I would agree. I would replace the final with the one it was designed to use, If you need more power....Add an external amplifier and you should be good to go.

doc919 Yes its true I could.just add a amp but really wouldn't learn anythingby this method.

You might learn that it could be a huge undertaking to add a lot more power to the radio's internals.
You might learn that in the process of trying to make this unoriginal hi-powered final work in this radio that the radio becomes damaged to the point that more work is required just to make it work again like it was intended to work with the original final.
You might also learn that you should increase your power by a huge amount if you want it to make a substantial difference.
If you just double your power most people won't even notice.
You might learn that you don't have enough experience to make this work with a final that is not like the original final.
You might learn that the other people advising you in this matter are spot on with their advice.

Thank you n I have learned that the power must be increase alot to make any difference on yje S meter or for anyone to notice any major changes. At the same time I am not shooting down anyone's advice or trying to prove anyone wrong. I just know that due to AFCC regs, the radios have been choked. Down alot n once again just trying to learn bout the different finals,cap values uf/pf,volting etc etc. Thank you again for all.inputinput

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.