• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is The FCC going to Sell The Ham Band?

What Band were they talking about?
I doubt they are going to "sell" any of the frequency allocations that we have now, as most of them are also used by most other nations....not just the US.

Jeff

Reactions: 2 people
not the ham band...

perhaps they were talking about the narrow banding which allows more space for growth of business and municipalities needing more frequencies, which leads to more money for the govt.

What Band were they talking about?
I doubt they are going to "sell" any of the frequency allocations that we have now, as most of them are also used by most other nations....not just the US.

Jeff

I do not know for sure.....I also heard them saying some senator introduced a bill that would take the freqs used for emergencies by hams and sell them.

I did some googling and this is probably what they were talking about.

The History of HR 607

On February 10, 2011, Rep. Peter King (R-NY), Chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, introduced H.R. 607, the “Broadband for First Responders Act of 2011,” which has been referred to the House Energy and Commerce Committee (which handles telecommunications legislation). The bill addresses certain spectrum management issues including the creation and maintenance of a nationwide Public Safety broadband network.

As part of that network, the Bill provides for the allocation of the so-called “D-Block” of spectrum in the 700 MHz range for Public Safety use. HR 607 uniquely, provides for the reallocation of other spectrum for auction to commercial users, in order to offset the loss of revenue that would occur as the result of the allocation of the D-Block to Public Safety instead of commercial auction. H.R. 607 lists, among the bands to be reallocated for commercial auction within ten years of the passage of the Bill, the paired bands 420-440 MHz and 450-470 MHz.

The inclusion of most of the Amateur 70-cm spectrum as one of the replacement bands is a major problem. The 420-440 MHz band is not Public Safety spectrum and should not be included in any spectrum swap of Public Safety allocations.

While the ARRL and all Amateurs support the work of Public Safety and recognize their need for dedicated spectrum which would promote interoperability, the ARRL vigorously opposes HR 607 in its present form. HR 607 is a direct threat to our limited spectrum and the ARRL encourages all amateurs to appropriately voice their opposition to this bill.

And anyone with a 10-10 number. Oh yea and I'm making 75 meters the new free band.

Holy Moly: 75m is going to be one heck of a mobile antenna !!!

Ten ten ten ten.....Kilo Charley four tango Victor Zulu ten ten ten ten.....lmfao

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated