• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is there a such thing an a Manual Antenna Rotor?

Is there a such thing as a Manual Antenna Rotor?
That you change the direction of your antenna
By the way of a crank or gears???
Looking to get more exercise here...LOL...
hand-crank-winch-173157.jpg

I guess you can fabricate one straight mast pipe far down install a ring gear and set it... better off spend the money n buy a rotor

here they are,........... but,.... they don't work cheap

Attachments

• isCAT38KVV.jpg
    isCAT38KVV.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 45
Really old thread here but I've been trying to rotate on ocassion, certainly not daily.
I have a vertical pipe to start with.
Placed sally clamp at top and another a few feet down. Clamps can be loose around mast so it will spin free inside sally clamps.
2 sets of holes with a thin bolt I insert to lock-in 2 different headings. I'm a city dweller so my choice of headings is limited to 2 good directions but it's 70' AGL.

I wanted to place a bearing race at bottom of mast but ran out of time with Winter. Now, I only have a flat surface from angle iron with a bolt going up inside mast to keep it from going sideways. I tighten sally clamps to maintain heading.

Large diameter pillow block's get expensive but I wanted to adapt a small one with flat plate attached to pipe stub to bear the vertical weight. Now I must loosen 2 sally clamps to spin 20M dipole.
neil, n2eye

Really old thread here but I've been trying to rotate on ocassion, certainly not daily.
I have a vertical pipe to start with.
Placed sally clamp at top and another a few feet down. Clamps can be loose around mast so it will spin free inside sally clamps.
2 sets of holes with a thin bolt I insert to lock-in 2 different headings. I'm a city dweller so my choice of headings is limited to 2 good directions but it's 70' AGL.

I wanted to place a bearing race at bottom of mast but ran out of time with Winter. Now, I only have a flat surface from angle iron with a bolt going up inside mast to keep it from going sideways. I tighten sally clamps to maintain heading.

Large diameter pillow block's get expensive but I wanted to adapt a small one with flat plate attached to pipe stub to bear the vertical weight. Now I must loosen 2 sally clamps to spin 20M dipole.
neil, n2eye
When you get an opportunity purchase a trailer wheel assembly. Get the back plate with the spindle, or make one. Place this with the spindle pointed upward. Set your mast pipe over the spindle/dust cap. Your mast will now rotate with ease.
Screenshot_20230203_210218_DuckDuckGo-01.jpeg

I'm looking to sell my light duty Yaesu 450A rotor that's less than a year old. I just upgraded my beam and I needed a heavier duty rotor.

It's perfect for 3 to 4 element mono band 11 or 10 meter beams or VHF/UHF antennas too.

I'm just selling the rotor, no controller or cable. The controller needs to be capable of AC current. I still use the hy-gain YRC-1 controller with my new Yaesu 800 DXA rotor which let's you manual control the rotor with a selector knob and buttons or with a USB connection, use an in-expensive rotor control software like PstRotatorAZ and never touch the controller.

Here's a pic when I had this rotor used with a Maco103c antenna.

beam4.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.