• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

James Engle

• Thread starter FCC Recent Releases -
  • Start date
F

FCC Recent Releases -

Issued a Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture against James Engle for operating a radio transmitter without authorization and intentionally causing interference to CB communications

Continue reading...

A $22,0000 fine for keying over the top of others on the CB while running an amp. This enforcement action happened pretty quickly, as well.

Reactions: BJ radionut
"Prior to the inspection, Mr. Engle had received two
written warnings from the Enforcement Bureau advising him that operating a linear amplifier with his CB transmitter voided his authority to operate his station and that causing intentional interference to other CB
communications violated the Act and Rules"

Can we say STUPID real loud?
If the FCC gives you a warning it is time to put the stuff away, real simple.
Sounds like he is a asshole, and got his reward.
He got 2 chances to stop his STUPID behavior and blew it.
It is not hard to run a clean station and not be a asshole...

Jeff

Reactions: Mudfoot and binrat
The thing that actually impressed me about this particular one is that:

1. The FCC played fair and give him a warning. Two warnings, in fact. We all know the guy knew better, but just in case he didn't, the FCC gave him an opportunity to correct his behavior with no further consequences.
2. When they guy ignored the warning, the FCC took immediate action. This one didn't take 10 years of messing around - they said, "we told you so" and issued the citation.

Now if we can just get them to do the same for some of the local jammers on the ham bands around here...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated