• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Jays I10k or the Coily Excalibur

Porkchop

May 27, 2005
U.K.
I'm looking to upgrade my antenna in the near future,but I'm torn between these 2. They're both a step up from the Sirio I have at the moment,so I would like some honest pros and cons.Is the Coily easier to set up?If so, how difficult is the I10k to set up?Rx,Tx....you know,the usual questions.
I look forward to some honest answers/recommendations,etc!
Cheers! 8)

Happy New Years

It is Simple

Buy Jay's Interceptor I-10K

there is no contest..

if money is too tight then i would say WolfRadio .64

Do yourself a Huge Favor
Get the Interceptor I-10K 5/8 wave Ground Plane
It is First to None

Later

hmmm,i've been reading great reports about both,but i think i may be leaning towards jays product.
cheers for your input
happy new year. :D

I'am slightly one sided about this subject, but I'll tell you this I put 9500 on the forward side of my Interceptor and get less than 5 watts reflected using a 10 watt slug!!! {probably imperfections in coax} I've yet to see any antenna do that, most of em just burn !!!! Steve A-1 antennas

where are you in the uk porkchop?, i am near pontefract a couple of miles from the m62, if you want to see an i10k close up your welcome to come and have a look at mine if your passing, sorry i dont have a coily base antenna to show you, a picture may be worth a thousand words but theres nothing like seeing it with your own eyes ;)

Cheers mate.I'm down in Leicester,so I'm not in your neck of the woods very often,but if I'm planning a trip out that way,I'll give you a shout.
Cheers. 8)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.